PayU partners with merchants to build a trusted payment experience for their customers by refunding online payments within minutes! Offered as a separate service for the merchants, PayU does real-time credits of the refunds into the customer’s bank account. A merchant is charged based on the number of refunds credited instantly for this service.
- Credit Card: Crediting refunds instantly to a customer’s credit card. The majority are supported via IMPS and others via NEFT.
- UPI: Direct credit into customer VPA using UPI P2P Push API
- Auth-Capture: In this model, transactions are authorized only and marked captured post order fulfilment, leading to a way to process the cancel/refund instantly for the services not offered
- Debit Card: Currently, DC refunds of issuer SBI processed via SBI Direct (135) PG will support instant refunds
- Net Banking: Partner bank (Kotak NB) offers instant refunds
If a merchant account already has the PayU Refund system integrated, the Instant Refund service does not need separate integration but only activation from the backend. Refunds for transactions done through PayU can be directly initiated using the existing Refund API or Merchant Dashboard.
- Merchant Level Enablement: This service will be enabled on merchant Id. All eligible transactions will automatically be refunded via an alternate refund channel.
- Transaction Level Enablement: Merchants can decide the service basis of a transaction and not on a global level. Merchant has to pass a new parameter in the refund initiation API which will process that specific refund through an alternate channel (IMPS/NEFT/UPI/MasterCard Send) if eligible. Please find below the additional parameter to be sent.
The platforms should collect the key and salt of the merchants to call the refund API.
Updated 3 months ago