Install the PayU plugin on your PrestaShop online store and start accepting payments immediately.
PayU currently supports only v1.7.x version of PrestaShop.
Before you begin:
Register for a account with PayU before you start integration. For more information, refer to Register for a Merchant Account.
To install the PayU plugin for PrestaShop v1.7.x:
- Download the PayU plugin for PrestaShop v1.7.x from the following Dropbox location:
Extract the Prestashop_ver1.7.zip archive file.
Log in to Prestashop 1.7 Admin and open Modules.
Click Upload a Module.
The Upload a module pop-up page is displayed.
- Drag the Prestashop17PayUBiz.zip archive file in to the Upload a module pop-up page.
- Log in to the Prestashop admin panel.
- Navigate to the Modules menu and locate the PayU module. You can also search for PayU module and locate it.
- Click Install.
- Configure the plugin installation. For more information, refer to Configure PrestaShop v1.7.x.
To configure the PrestaShop v1.7x installation after installing the PayU plugin:
Navigate to PrestaShop admin panel.
Select Modules > Configure.
The Configure pane is displayed on the right pane.
- Enter the configuration details as described in the following table:
|Mode||Select any of the following gateway environment from the Gateway Mode drop-down list to which customer payment details will be redirected to.|
- Test: This is the Test environment and no actual fund transfer will take place.
- Production: This is the Live environment. Use this value only for your website in production. Payments sent in the production environment will get processed.
|Pay UBiz Key||Enter your Key for the Production environment.|
|Pay UBiz Salt||Enter your Salt for the Production environment. For more information, refer to [Generate Key and Salt.|
Reference: For more information on how to generate the Key and Salt, refer to any of the following:
- Production: Generate Merchant Key and Salt on PayU Dashboard
- Test: Generate Test Merchant Key and Salt
- Click Save to save configuration details.
- Logout and navigate to shop page to try the configuration through checkout.
After configuring the Test environment, use the test card details to test the payment. For more information, refer to Test Cards, UPI ID and Wallets
If everything is installed and configured correctly, you will be able to checkout through the PayUBiz payment page.
The configuration for the PayU plugin is complete.
PayU recommends this step to reconcile with PayU’s database after you receive the response. Verify the transaction details using the Verification Payment API. For API reference, refer to Verify Payment API.
When you are integrating PayU with PrestaShop v1.7.x, you may sometimes encounter some issues. This section describes the recommended steps to troubleshoot any issues you face while integration with PrestaShop.
- Check whether you have downloaded the correct PayU plugin version from PayU GitHub and installed. For more information, refer to Configure PrestaShop v1.7.x.
- Check whether the merchant ID and Salt are configured accurately and navigate to Merchant Dashboard and verify these values. For more information, refer to Configure PrestaShop v1.7.x.
- Check whether the PHP curl extension is installed and activated.
Updated 2 days ago