Before starting Web Checkout integration or integrating your website with PayU products for the Test environment, you need to get your API key and Salt for your test merchant from the PayU Merchant Dashboard. For more information on how to toggle between the Live and Test mode on Dashboard, refer to Toggle between Live and Test Mode.
To generate test merchant API key and Salt:
- Navigate to the following URL and log in to Merchant Dashboard:
- For merchants registered before August 3rd, 2023, use the following URL for the Test environment:
- KYC registration is not required for the test merchant account. You can skip the KYC registration using the Back to Dashboard option immediately after you log in.
- Ensure that you are in Test Mode:
Click the mode drop-down list.
The Live Mode and Test Mode options are displayed in the drop-down list similar to the following screenshot:
This step is applicable for merchants registered with PayU on or after August 3rd 2023.
Select Test Mode from the mode drop-down list.
The Test Mode is displayed as the active mode.
Select Payment Gateway under Collect Payments from the menu on the left-pane and Scroll down to Key Salt Details section.
The Payment Gateway page is displayed similar to the following screenshot. The values for the following fields are generated automatically (for the first time) and displayed similar to the following screenshot:
- Merchant Key: The API key that you must use for all payment requests.
- Merchant Salt (Version 1): The Salt, v1 is the 32-character string that you must use to generate a hash and further post the hash along with parameters when posting a payment request with PayU.
- Merchant Salt (Version 2): The Salt, v2 that you must use to generate a hash and further post the hash along with parameters when posting a payment request with PayU.
Use the copy button next to each field to copy them to a text file and save them in a confidential location for your perusal. This will avoid any typos with the merchant key.
Updated about 2 months ago